The Hawaiian Islands have an extremely luxurian flora, including more than 900 species of flowering plants, numerous types of tropical trees,about 140 species of ferns, and many other indigenous varieties of plant life. Imported species, highly cultivated for food or industrial plant, include sugar cane, pineapple, taro, banana, yam, breadfruit, coconut, papaya, olona, tobacco, sisal, candlenut, mango, citrus fruits, and coffee. The only mammal indigenous to the islands is a species of bat, but bird life is abundant. Several species of lizards comprise the reptilian fauna of the island. Land and fresh-water gastropods are exceptionally varied and numerous. The coastal waters teem with fish, of which there are more than 600 species.
Hotel Promotions Bed and Breakfast, Vacation Rentals in the Heart of Poipu, South Kauai
- Unrivalled watersports facilities, restaurants, shops and spa designed to enable a stress free lifestyle.
- Security and privacy in a peaceful island location just 15 minutes from Downtown's impressive portfolio of lifestyle amenities.
- Pool villas built to Hawaiian standards with water frontage or direct beach access within a managed resort.
- Strong capital growth potential in a location that boasts a 12-month season.
- All villas have been ocean views
- All villas are walking distance to the beach
- Rental management package
- Innovative green features
For divers, poipu's coastal water is fringed with a broad variety of corals, including mushroom, lettuce, stag horn and brain coral. Its reefs host colorful coral fish, angelfish, sea bass, groupers and white and black tip sharks in waters that can be enjoyed the whole year around
Dive tours and excursions available in Poipu include weeklong package tours with five-star hotel accommodation. diving excursions to remote islands lasting up to a week and numerous shorter one or two-day trips. Most of these diving centers offer the latest equipment for rent but divers, of course, are free to use their own equipment. Moreover, experienced divers can explore wrecks, enjoy sleep drop-offs, do cliff dives and explore mysterious but fascinating underwater caves.
Aloha Airlines (Honolulu, Kahului)
American Airlines (Los Angeles)
ATA Airlines (Oakland)
Island Air (Kahului)
Mesa Airlines (Honolulu)